The third round of the Law Trust sponsored Isle of Man Athletics Cross Country League is hosted by Manx Harriers on Sunday 1 December 2019 and will be held at the Nunnery Estate on the outskirts of Douglas.
The timetable is as follows – please note it is a little different from earlier rounds:
- 12.45pm to 2.00pm – Registration
- 2.00pm U9 boys & girls – 1 small lap – 900 metres
- 2.06pm U11 boys & girls – 2 small laps – 1,800 metres
- 2.15pm U15 boys & girls, U17 women – 1 medium lap, 1 long lap – 4,200 metres
- 2.30pm U13 boys & girls & short course – 1 small lap, 1 long lap – 3,500 metres
- 2.30pm U17 men – 1 small lap, 2 long laps – 5,900 metres
- 2.45pm U20, senior, veteran women – 3 long laps – 7,400 metres
- 2.45pm U20, senior, veteran men – 4 long laps – 9,800 metres
Entry to the site for cars is from Old Castletown Road via the entrance on the Kewaigue side. There is a car park on the site with 95 spaces. Roads on the estate will all be one way.
Once the car park is full, or at 2.10pm, the road into the site will be closed and no vehicle allowed in as the course for the older age groups crosses the road twice. After 2.10pm the way out of the site is past the main house and out through the main entrance gates nearest to Douglas.
More parking is available at the Bowl car park near the Power Station and Pulrose Bridge. If parking here walk to the site along the road to the Civic Amenity site, take the footpath by Edmundson Electrical and follow it until you reach the side gate open to the estate. This should take about 10 minutes.
Race HQ is below the main house and by the ornamental lawns. Signing on is here, along with toilets and food van Barista Express.
If you have already paid for the series and have your race number there is no need to attend the registration desk, just go to the start line five minutes before your race wearing your race number. If you have lost your number and need a replacement there will be a separate desk at registration.
If you did not register prior to Rounds 1 or 2, you need to complete a registration form and pay at the desk on Sunday. Blank forms will also available at registration.
Here is the course map and Nunnery site map