There have been some major changes to the entry procedure for the cross-country league this season, so please read the information below very carefully.
In recent seasons, the numbers of competitors has made things extremely difficult for the registration team prior to the first round, so the manual entry system has been replaced with an online entry system to bring the event into line with the majority of other events with big participant numbers.
The crucial things to note are that entries this season are ONLINE ONLY, and that entries will CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY 13th OCTOBER. There will be NO ENTRIES AFTER THAT DATE, INCLUDING ON THE DAY. There will be opportunities for those who don’t enter the first round to enter subsequent rounds prior to those events – more on that later.
Here is the procedure to enter (thanks to Manx Fell Runners for allowing use of their website to host the online entries):
- Go to this link https://manxfellrunners.org/iomxc-entry-2021-2022 – for families you will need to complete a separate entry for each individual. Please check age group carefully – details are on the form. For veteran athletes (35 and above) the category is based on age on the date of the first round (17/10/21). Entries will CLOSE at midnight on Wednesday 13th October. There will be NO further opportunity to enter prior to the first round.
- Payment should be made to IOM Athletics, preferably by Bank Transfer. Details are: Isle of Man Bank, Sort code 55-91-00, Account number 14347237. Details of entry fees are on the entry form. We would encourage entry for the full series. Please use your name as payment reference, or in the case of payment for a family, use for example ‘Kelly family’. The cut-off for online payments will be midnight on Wednesday 13th October (same as for the entries).
- Numbers must be collected from Manx Harriers clubhouse on the NSC perimeter road on Friday 15th October from 5pm to 7pm. This will be the only collection session, so if you are unable to attend you MUST make arrangements for someone to collect on your behalf. If you are unable to make payment by bank transfer (as above) you must pay by cash or cheque (payable to IOM Athletics) when collecting your number.
- There will be NO entries, form-filling etc on the day of the race – race day is for racing only!
- The online entry system will re-open prior to rounds two, three and four – more information will be posted at the time.
One further thing to note is that there will as usual be a Short Course race option for U20, senior and veteran athletes. You enter as normal stating your age category, then it’s up to you on the days of the races whether you run the short or long course.